There is no shortage of options when choosing a ferret water bottle. You can choose from plastic or glass bottles, and there are many different sizes available. These water bottles come in different sizes, so you’ll find one that fits perfectly into your ferrets’ environment.
Occasionally, ferrets have trouble drinking from bowls and bottles; water fountains can be helpful for those ferrets. A low lip on the Fountain will make it easier for your ferret to use it.
The Best Waterbottles for Ferrets
Water bottles are a great way to keep your ferrets hydrated. But what if your ferret does not like to drink from a bottle? There are several other solutions available.
At a Glace, our recommended Products to keep your ferret hydrated.
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountains – The Premium Solution
PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain – The Original
Kaytee Chew Proof 6 oz. Water Bottle – A minimalistic solution
Kaytee Flat-Bac Water Bottle Clear – Easy to attach and durable
PetSafe Drinkwell Mini Pet Fountain – The mini fountain that will appeal to your pet
(Note: If you click a link on this page, then go on to make a purchase, we may receive a commission but at no extra cost to you)
For more information, keep on reading. We will get into the details of each product further down below.
How often Should Ferrets drink?
Ferrets need access to fresh water throughout the day. Your ferret should drink around 20 times per day. According to the experts over at Washington Ferret,” 50-100 mL/kg/day is basic maintenance”.
1 fl oz equals 29.57 mL, and 1 pound equals 0.45 kilograms. That means that per every pound your ferret weights, it needs between two and four fluids ounces of water. This amount can increase depending on the level of activity your pet has.
Signs for Dehydration in Ferrets
Some of the most common signs are
- The presence of sticky saliva
- Dry mouth
- A diarrheal condition
- Eyes that are dry
- Weakness and exhaustion
- decrease in urine production and frequency
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountains – Fresh, Filtered Water Dispenser
- Water flows continuously throughout the day, so pets always get clean drinking water.
- Easy refill system allows quick and convenient replacement of water when needed.
- An activated Carbon Filter reduces bad smells and tastes.
- Built-in Reservoir holds up to 168 ounces of filtered water.
- Rubber Feet help stabilize the base against slippage or tipping.
- Snap-On Lid prevents accidental spillages.
- Includes a 1-year limited warranty.
PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain
- Keep your ferret drinking more often.
- Reduce the risk of disease transmission through contaminated water.
- Eliminate unpleasant smells and tastes.
- Save money over bottled water.
- No need to buy replacement filters.
- Includes fountain pump and adaptor.
- Build-in Reservoir holds up to 50 oz. of fresh, filtered water
- Easy to clean
read.. best ferret litter
Kaytee Chew Proof 6 oz. Water Bottle
- Chew resistant – no more chewed-up water bottles.
- Easy to clean – just rinse off under running tap water.
- Durable – built like a tank.
- Floating duck reminds you to refill
- Bottle has two spring attachments, so they stay secure even when empty.
- The glass is thick and well made
Kaytee Flat-Bac Water Bottle Clear
- Flat-bac bottles are made of high-density polyethylene
- lightweight yet durable.
- Feature a unique “snap lock” system that allows ferrets to drink comfortably
- The snap locks allow pets to hold onto their water as they drink, preventing spills.
- This product has been designed specifically for ferret owners
- Provides ferrets with a comfortable drinking environment.
PetSafe Drinkwell Mini Pet Fountain
- Keep your ferret healthy and happy.
- A great way to get your furry friend to drink more water.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Free replacement filters included.
- The water flow can be adjusted with the adjustable pump.
- All parts are made with Bpa-Free Plastic.
- Global Brand in Pet Products for Nearly 30 Years.
- Expert Support Available
Bowl, Bottle, or Fountain what’s best?
What is the best way to ensure that your ferret drinks plenty of water? To answer this question, you’ll need to understand how a large number of ferrets prefer to drink water.
read.. best ferret backpack
The “Let’s tip it over “Ferret Type
Is your furry friend one of those that constantly tips over its water bowl? Or is it one of those that likes to play with the water? Ferrets are active, curious animals, and as active as they are, they sometimes can’t be left to quench their thirst by themselves.
Choosing the right drinking system for your pet will ensure that it always has access to clean water. It needs to stay hydrated. Understandably, you want to buy something simple to use and maintain.
The “Water Bottles are Suspicious “Ferret Type
Well, maybe a water bottle is the best solution? Or does your ferret not drink enough from a water bottle? In that case, a fountain is probably the best solution.
The “Water Fountains is what I want “Ferret Type
Fountains have two main benefits: First, they allow your pet to drink while it’s foraging for more food. That will undoubtedly help with kibble or dry food consumption. Second, fountains provide your pet with fresh water all day long. Fountains regularly clean and sanitize the water, often creating a shallow pool out of which your pet can drink.
So. The best way to ensure that your furry friend drinks enough water is to choose a pet water bottle or fountain. Both systems allow you to keep your pet hydrated throughout its day.
That is an essential part of owning a healthy ferret. You’ll also want to ensure that you’re always providing your pet with fresh water.
Ferrets can become dehydrated quickly, and that is something you want to avoid.
Last update on 2021-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API