There are quite a few breeds that are considered to be extremely intelligent. Some of these breeds include Bichon Frise Poodles, Papillion, Dachshund, Pinschers, and more
A few of the most popular dog breeds in the country that are considered to be intelligent are, Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Border Collies, and Blue Heeler, just to name a few.
- Border Collie – Border Collies are considered to be the most intelligent dog breed in the world. That’s why they are used to be trained as guard dogs, sheepdogs, and other tasks that require a certain intellect and responsibility. They are very active dogs and require an equally active owner!
- Bichon Frise – A bichon frise is a great breed to have if you are looking for a small dog. They are beautiful and loving but are also very active and lively. They make a great companion and will love to be with you whenever you go out for a walk.
- Poodle – Poodles are extremely intelligent and are one of the most well behaved and trainable dog breeds. They love to be with their owners and typically will do just about anything to please them.
- Papillion – The Papillion, also referred to as the scaled dog or coordinate, is a suspended or miniature spaniel. They are known to be a playful and patient breed and are very affectionate. They generally bond well with all family members and are not overly wary of strangers or strange dogs.
- Dachshund – Dachshunds, commonly known as Wienerdogs, are an interesting breed of dog. They have a distinct body type, are bold, spirited, and very energetic. They make loyal and loving pets, but you need to assert yourself as the pack leader to prevent dominance problems.
- Lhasa Apso – The Lhasa Apso, also known as the Tibetan spaniel, is a small dog breed with a long history of association with Tibet. These are affectionate, intelligent, and alert dogs but should not be trusted with small children. They can be a bit stubborn.
- American Cocker Spaniel – The American Cocker Spaniel is a loyal and loving dog, with a pleasing, stocky, square head. They weigh between 15 and 30 pounds and live between 12 and 15 years. They make a wonderful family pet and like to be active. They should be exercised daily.
- Vizsla – The Vizsla is a Hungarian hunting dog, prized for their speed and agility. They are gentle and quiet indoors and also enjoy running outdoors. They do well with other pets and children but will probably need early socialization.
- English Bulldog – The English Bulldogs, also referred to as the British Bulldog, is British bred and usually considered medium-sized. They are short, stocky, and have a distinctive underbite. They weigh between 45 and 65 pounds and live about 12 years. They make a good family dog.
- American Pitbull Terrier – The American Pitbull Terrier, also called the American Staffordshire Terrier, is the most popular purebred dog in the United States. It is often considered to be the worst breed of dog. They can be aggressive and should be trained well from the beginning. Surprisingly they are pretty smart.
- Shih Tzu – The Shih Tzu is a Chinese breed, bred to be a companion and home guard. They are adorable, love to be pampered, and are well-liked for their personality and long, multi-colored hair. They weigh between 10 and 16 pounds and live between 13 and 16 years. They are very healthy.
- Yorkshire Terrier – The Yorkshire Terrier, also known as the Yorkie, is a British breed from Yorkshire, England. They are a small breed that only stands between 6 and 9 inches tall and weighs between 3 and 7 pounds.